This week's inspirational Before and After goes to FoamyWader - a Seattle based artist who specializes in an eclectic mix of gemstone jewelry and knit beards. Yes. I said Knit Beards! Trust me. You have to check them out :)
Foamy Wader's photography is truly great. I had to reach far back into her sold archives to find a "before" shot, but as you can see - the changes made a huge difference!
- Inadequate lighting darkens the whole photo and casts a gray shadow on the whole piece
- Busy background detracts from the beauty of the pendant
- Unnecessary composition of the entire neck strap
- The use of bright natural light really brings out the colors in the pendant
- Simple background adds just enough interest without distraction
- The close-up composition focuses on the beautiful cloisonne pendant with just enough of the chain to let the viewer know what they are purchasing