As small object phographers, our goal should always be to figure out how to take a great photo within our camera so that post-shoot editing is reduced to a minimum. The overuse of brightening and contrast can wash out your photo and take away all the important details.
Dramatic improvment from SeattleChic!
- Photo composition is static
- Overuse of Photoshop ends up with a flat, gray and lifeless photo
- Props are little distracting
- Composition shows that the object is 3-dimensional
- Brightness and contrast are better and colors are more vibrant
- Just a hint of the prop used to add interest to the photo
Great Job SeattleChic! Thank you for sharing your before and after photos with us and keep up the great work!
Do YOU have some before and after photos to share with us?
Please send up to 4 photos (they do *not* have to depict the same image - they just need show how you've improved your photos overall) to marlo [at] smallobjectphotography.com for a chance to be featured right here on Before and After day!